|82584 packages online|
|No screenshot available||
PLATOTerm 0.4 Alpha Release for Amiga Users
Changes since 0.3
· Splash screen fixed.
· Lots of little I/O subsystem fixes, should be more stable.
· Start up
· Set Baud rate and Serial.device via the menu.
· Communicate with your modem (AT OK)
· Connect to IRATA.ONLINE
· Reliably transfer data at the chosen baud rate and buffer settings.
· Ensure you can hang up by pressing R-AMIGA-H or by selecting menu item
· Select Copy Text, paste in a supported program (e.g. Redit)
· Select Copy Screen, paste in supported program (e.g. Deluxe Paint IV)
· Properly exit the program.
· Ensure that the Keys and Palette windows in Help work correctly.
The following keys have been added:
| Amiga key | Function |
| R-AMIGA H | (Hang Up) |
| R-AMIGA C | (Copy Text) |
| R-AMIGA A | (Copy Screen) |
Once installed, PLATOTerm can be accessed simply by clicking on its
icon. The icon is a drawing of a Magnavox PLATO IV terminal, from 1974,
and is widely regarded as the iconic PLATO terminal. If you have a
better icon, please contribute!
PLATOTerm will then display a splash screen, indicating that it is
ready for use.
Once you see this splash screen, the terminal is ready for use, and you
can send commands to your WIFI modem, to connect to a PLATO service,
such as IRATA.ONLINE:
For this initial testing release, the baud rate is set in Preferences.
Be sure to set your baud rate and receive buffer size large enough
(at least 4000 bytes). The menu items for setting these parameters
are still being worked on, and are currently not functional.
The PLATO keyboard is mapped to the Amiga keys, in this manner:
PLATO KEY Amiga KEY
SHIFT-HELP SHIFT CTRL-H
SHIFT-SUPER SHIFT CTRL-P
ACCESS SHIFT CTRL-Q
SHIFT-STOP SHIFT CTRL-S
SHIFT-SUB SHIFT CTRL-Y
This is early test software. If you have problems, please raise an
issue, and I will address them and cut a new release. I am releasing
this early and often so that everyone can test, and we can in the end,
end up with a better piece of software, faster.
|Aminet © 1992-2019 Urban
the Aminet team.
Aminet contact address: <aminetaminet net>|